Pizza is a popular meal for many people around the world. Most of us prefer to order their pizza rather than prepare it themselves. But think about this, wouldn’t it be fun to be able to make your pizza right from the comfort of your kitchen? Besides, it’s quite an easy undertaking. Also, it’s fun to bake your pizza and have it at home rather than having to order and wait for the delivery person.
Making a freshly baked pizza is interesting because you’ll get to prepare as many of them as you’d like while concurrently saving a few bucks. The required ingredients are right under your roof, well, at least most of them. We will guide in a stepwise fashion on how to make your pizza dough.
- First, you need to ensure that you have are the ingredients required to make the dough. You will need one teaspoon of active dry yeast, four cups of all-purpose wheat flour, olive oil, three-quarters cup of lukewarm water, and one and a half teaspoons of salt. After making sure you have all the ingredients, add warm water to a medium-sized bowl coated with olive oil and add sugar and yeast. The yeast will feed on the sugar so that it can make the dough rise.
- In a different bowl, mix the salt and flour. After adequately mixing the two, make space in the middle of the flour and add the yeast. The yeast should foam. This foam is an indication shows the yeast is okay.
- Add olive oil to the mixture and then mix it properly until it’s sticky and soft enough. Afterwards, knead the dough on a dry board until it feels tacky. Place the kneaded dough in a well-oiled bowl so that it doesn’t stick to the sides and cover it with a plastic wrap. Wait for the dough to rise until it doubles in size. This takes approximately one to two hours depending on the ambient temperature and your recipe.
- After the dough is ready, remove the plastic wrap and divide it into large pieces adequate to make the pizza of your preferred size.
- Roll the pieces into balls and cover them with a damp cloth. Leave it to rest until it’s possible to see an indentation once the dough is poked. When the dough is set, place one ball on a pizza pan and spread it using your hands or a rolling pin making sure that it is well spread to the edges and all around. Once you finish rolling ensure the dough doesn’t stick to the pan.
- At this point, your dough is ready, and you can add the toppings to your pizza and start baking.
It is easy to make pizza dough right at home and enjoy a freshly baked pizza with your loved ones. Also, it is a chance to show off your cooking skills and pass the time over the weekends and when you have your friends over.