Pasta is an Italian food made from unleavened dough of durum wheat flour mixed with eggs or water and formed into various shapes, then baked or boiled. Pasta is very common all over the world, it’s very popular in many cultures most well known by Italians! The common forms of pasta include long shapes, short shapes, tubes, flat shapes and sheets, miniature soup shapes, stuffed and specialty shapes.
Pasta dishes may be served as a first-course meal because its portion sizes are small and simple. It is prepared for light lunches as salads or large portion sizes for dinner.
GNOCCHI AND SWEET POTATOES WITH HAZELNUTS:
- Boil a large saucepan of salted water, then add sweet potatoes (2 medium diced) and cook for about 8minutes and set aside.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter, add sliced garlic (3 cloves) and sage leaves and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a paper towel. Add gnocchi and occasionally stir for 3minutes. Add sherry (1/2 cup) and cook for 2 minutes. Add vegetable stock (1/2 cup), salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add sweet potatoes and three tablespoons of butter and stir until the butter melts.
- Top with hazelnuts (1/3 cup toasted & chopped), garlic and sage and serve.
LAST MINUTE LASAGNA:
- Heat oven to 350f. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray and a 3rd of the sauce.
- Arrange the ravioli (unthawed) on top with the spinach (thawed) scattered over them and top with half cheese. Cover with another layer of ravioli, sauce, and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25minutes. Bake for another 10minutes without the foil. Allow to cool and serve.
- Cook the spaghetti (1 pound) and set aside.
- Fry the bacon over medium heat and transfer to paper towel. Reserve the drippings.
- Whisk the egg yolks (4) in a large bowl. Add two spoons of drippings, drained spaghetti and parmesan and tossed to combine. Add salt, pepper, parsley, and bacon and serve.
- Cook the pasta (1 pound) and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic (20 cloves thinly sliced) for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper and three tablespoons of the parmesan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add basil and toss the pasta with the sauce. Sprinkle the parmesan and serve.
- Remove the skin from the chicken (8-pieces) and place the pieces in a large saucepan. Add 2 cups of water and broth (6 cups low-sodium) and boil. Reduce the heat and allow the chicken cook for about 35minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and let cool. Shred the meat, discard the bones.
- Add broth to the saucepan and allow boiling. Add carrot (2), Swiss chard (½ bunch), tortellini (1-8/9 ounce), salt, and pepper (¼ teaspoon) and simmer.
- When the tortellini is ready, add the chicken and heat for 3 minutes. Sprinkle the parmesan (1-ounce grated) and serve hot.